Barry Flanagan (1941 - 2009)
Hornton stone on a wooden base
Signed with the artist's initial 'f' (on the top of the stone); incised 'FISH' (on the side)
26 x 63.5 x 14 cm. (including the wooden base)
Acquired directly from the artist by Piet and Ida Sanders in 1977
Eindhoven, Stedelijk van Abbemuseum, Barry Flanagan Sculpture 1966-1976, 1977 (illustrated). This exhibition later travelled to Arnolfini Gallery, Bristol and Serpentine Gallery, London.
Venice Biennial, British Pavilion, Barry Flanagan Sculpture,1982 (illustrated p 35). This exhibition toured to Museum Haus Esters, Krefeld and Whitechapel Art Gallery, London.
Stedelijk Museum, Schiedam, Collectie Piet en Ida Sanders: Leven met Kunst, 2012.